Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It Was The Best of Times, It Was The Worst of Times

Everyone who's had a job has had a job that they disliked. I believe that it's much more common to have a bad job than a good or decent job. Out of the three jobs that I've ever had, I disliked all three. However, the one that I disliked the least would have to be my flower delivery job. There's many reasons why I disliked it the least. For one, who can seriously get mad at delivering flowers all day? You're dealing with flowers, and all you're doing is making people's day. My average day at the job consisted of sweeping up for about fifteen minutes, looking over delivery orders for the day, planning out the best routes for delivery, and simply driving around town for hours putting a smile on people's faces.Given the right circumstances, it can be one of the best jobs ever.

I think that that everyone at some point has had the dishonor of working in retail. I've never heard of someone having a pleasant overall experience with their retail job. This statistic includes myself. Once upon a time, I worked at a little place called Safeway. I only worked at Safeway for seven or so months, and I worked harder than everyone else that had the same position as I did. However, despite my hard work and dedication to the job, I got absolutely no where in the "careerical" totem pole. My hard work was only rewarded with more (terrible) hours and tasks that weren't in my job range and did not come with any added benefits or pay. I think it's safe to say that if you want to absolutely go no where in your life, a retail job is the right thing for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment