Saturday, October 29, 2011

Karammunity

I have not been a part of many outside communities in my life. I was never involved with any school clubs, or boy scouts, camp, or anything like that. One community that I really devoted a huge chunk of my life to was my martial arts class. For around seven years I practiced Tae Kwon Do. I started from the very bottom and worked my way to the very top and achieved my black belt.

My martial arts community was very strong. Everyone was there for many different reason, but we all were working towards the same goal: to achieve discipline, character, guidance, and maybe awesome physical prowess.

Every member of this community chose to be there, and each and every one of the members had a different background. Despite the diversity, we were all able to come together in both cooperation and friendly competition. We worked through grueling exercises, focused and complicated forms and friendly sparring against one another. The goals of this community is to build extreme self discipline and respect, respecting others, team work, skill building and many other life lessons and invaluable techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment