Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Seven Weeks Down, Fourteen to go!

The first seven weeks of the year Up program have been not just fun and interesting, but very challenging as well. There are some areas that I passed through with flying colors, and there are some areas that I could use a little work in.

Plus!
Public speaking -  I feel that this program has helped my public speaking tremendously. I have absolutely no problem speaking in front of an audience (an audience of at least 40 so far, but it's a start).
Paying attention - I found almost everything in this module to be very interesting, and I have no problem keeping most of that information in my head.
Turning in quality work - I made sure that each assignment was complete and with little to no mistakes. As soon as I found something that was incorrect, I would remedy it.
Little side talking - Because I found all the material so interesting I was able to focus primarily on the work and save the socializing for when it was okay.
Friendly to colleagues -Everyone in my learning community is so awesome and nice. I found absolutely no problem in making friends with each and every one of them.
Helping fellow colleagues - Whenever I saw someone who may have been confused by a certain thing, I would always try and extend a helping hand to that person.

Delta!
Could participate more - Even though I know the material and the answer, I rarely ever raised my hand to participate in class. I always figured someone else would be thrilled to do it. It's something I can work on in the future.
Could help others more - Even though I tried to help out as many people as I could in class, I could always help more.
Could completely eliminate side talking - There are a few occasions where I'll lean over to the side and crack a quick joke with one of my fellow colleagues. I believe that can be saved for after class, or when there's an appropriate time for socializing during class.
Could study more for tests - Though I did extremely well on the tech final and midterm, I still have no idea what my grade was for the Business Communications final. It's making me quite uneasy, as I did not study much for that final, and I was a little unsure about more of that final than I would have liked to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment